74 Thermostatic Switch & Vacuum Lines

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 74 Thermostatic Switch & Vacuum Lines
From: Nettater@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 08:53:39 -0400
After following the conversation the last week, and realizing that my car
just isn't as "zippy" as it was, I popped the hood to assess my situation.
 As I looked from the Moss catalog to my engine, I could find virtually no
similarities.  I have a four nipple switch on the top radiator hose, with no
lines running from it or to it.  I wonder if my mechanic was speaking of the
switch when he said he had plugged some "breather tubes"...any thoughts ?
 Also, it appears as though my EGR valve is plugged, (I think I've identified
the right thing !).  The only vacuum line I see in my engine at all is from
the back carb to the advance (?) on the bottom of the distributor.

It would seem to me that with all those vacuum lines disconnected, that
intake and acceleration would suffer.  Any comments on how to best rectify ?

Carol Z.
74 TR6 CF19905 UO