Re: Weber Set-Up

To: mharasek@magmacom.com
Subject: Re: Weber Set-Up
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:06:09 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<<I"ve purchased a set of DellOrto's, which are actually identical to DCOE
 Webers, and are in the process of setting them up. Now, I have no problem
 jetting them with 27mm Chokes, but they go flat at approx. 4500rpm. So out
 of my wisdom, found in literature, I but 32mm Chokes in. My problem now is,
 that she hesitates when I accelerate, and who wants that, right. >>
Martin,

A set? Is that two or three side drafts? Assuming it's three, going from a 27
to 32mm choke is a big jump. That will give you better top end breathing, but
it'll kill you off the line - the carb venture just can't provide enough
vacuum to draw fuel through the main jets.

Try something in between. Maybe around a 29 or 30mm. The 30 would be a good
compromise in conjunction with a slighly larger pump jet, or slightly smaller
pump exhaust valve.

Good luck,
Charlie B.