TR6: replacement brake hoses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6: replacement brake hoses
From: Silikal@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:03:04 -0400
Kirk Steward asks:
>The braided stainless steel covered brake hoses (Goodridge)
>come with copper crush washers.  The hoses which I removed
>did not have crush washers.  Am I correct in assuming that the
>washers are not needed because the metal pipes are flaired?

Braided hoses typically use AN fittings, which are slightly different
than the standard brake flare fittings.  Difference between 37 degree
and 45 degree mating surfaces.  Use either a proper adapter fitting,
or AN crush washers.  For further info, see Carroll Smith's book on
fasteners and plumbing.

Dave Williamson  (silikal@aol.com)  Spits in bits