'80 Spitfire dies

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: '80 Spitfire dies
From: rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net (Ralph Jannelli)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 08:51:59 -0400 (EDT)
I received a call last night from a new Spitfire owner who is having
problems. I am more familiar with the early Spits. The symtom is the car
runs fine then when it gets "hot" it dies and will not restart until it
cools down. He has changed the electronic ignition module to an after market
one and claims he still has spark when the car dies. It cranks ok and tries
to catch but won't. I suggested he check fuel lines for softness and
restrictions. Also asked him to check the carbon canisted for clogging
theory here that if clogged it could pull a partial vaccum on the gas tank
causing no fuel delivery. Any other ideas?

Ralph Jannelli
'72 Spitfire MKIV daily driver
'65 Spitfire MKII freshly restored