Spitfire Tranny trouble

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire Tranny trouble
From: Eric Rupert <eric@rpm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 08:38:23 -0400
Encoding: 18 TEXT
I tried to send this message last week, but never saw it appear in the
digest.  So hopefully, it's getting out.

I have a '66 Mark II with approx 89K on it.  A few weeks ago it starting
making a sound as if something was hitting the driveshaft when putting in
the clutch coming out of 4th and third (even in neutral with the clutch in
I think).  Once at a full stop, acceleration and upshifting was normal.  As
I got nearer to my home, the clutch seemed to be stopping short and not
disengaging all of the way (although pressure was fine).  Made it into the
garage and haven't had a chance to look at it yet.  Since it's hydraulic, I
don't see how it could be a linkage problem, but I was hoping for some
suggestions before I start tearing it apart.

Thanks in advance.

Eric Rupert
'66 Mark II (Hobbling Along)