Re: TR6:Clutch slave tale and question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6:Clutch slave tale and question
From: Larry R Worm <Larry_R_Worm@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 96 15:44:00 PDT
Text item:

Rick and others,

I had a similar experience in my TR6, worked fine when I first purchased
it, however in a short while suddenly I could not shift into any gear
(happened on an incline).  Got the beast home and found that the pin was
in the top most hole for the clutch arm.  After checking a few thing I
found that the infamous thrust washers had dropped into the oil pan.
Short block from TRF, new carpet, windshield and crash pads (shipwrights
disease) and it's back on the road.  The end play on the crankshaft is
something like 6-10 thousands, mine was about 3/16" a little to much.

Larry
80 TR8
74 TR6
67 TR4A