Re: Novice TR6er

To: jrlloyd@caverns.com
Subject: Re: Novice TR6er
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 19:02:17 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< My TR6 (November
 73) it has what appears to be a vacuum system set up {with a few peices
 missing) indicative of the 74s..., was this done to TR6s at the end of
 73 or has my TR possibly been played with (replaced engine or borrowed
 parts from 74,etc) ? >>

Hello James
Welcome to the Triumphs list and welcome to the wild wonderful world of
TR6 ownership.
The 1974 model year production run started in 9/73 with commission
#CF12501 and ran thru 8/74 when 75 model year production started
with commission # CF27001.  You didn't state your comm. #, but if your
TR6 was built in November 1973 and falls within that range it IS a 1974
TR6 (for spec. purposes) even though it may be or have been titled as a
1973.
Your engine number will not match your comm. #. If its the original engine
it will likely be a higher #. The only way to know for sure is to get the
BMIHT
production certificate for your car. (I highly recommend this)
Hope this helps!

Jack Mc
73 TR6 CF870U