TR6 broken trailing arm mount

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 broken trailing arm mount
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:25:39 EST
My TR6 started making ugly noises in the rear suspension recently.
When I got underneath I noticed that one of the U-shaped brackets
that mounts the trailing arm to the frame has a verticle crack all
the way through it.  I need to replace it.

This looks like a pretty straightforward swap.  Of course, I'm not
naive enough to believe anything that looks easy actually is.
My questions:

1.  Can I swap this piece without removing the trailing arm, spring,
      etc, from the car?

2.  Anything special I should watch out for here?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff Wagner
72 TR6 in College Park, Maryland