RE: British plates

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (Triumphs)
Subject: RE: British plates
From: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 9:04:00 +0200
Mitch,

If you want accuracy, it all depends on the age of your neighbour's lbc.
 For "our" cars, first registered after 1st Jan 1963, the registration
format is "XXX nnnY", where X is a letter, n is a digit and Y is a
letter. Y relates to the first registration date of the car, as follows:

Letter (Y) Registration dates