TR3: starter motor trouble - part 2

To: "'anders@ull.biomeklab.aau.dk'" <anders@ull.biomeklab.aau.dk>, "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3: starter motor trouble - part 2
From: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 13:08:19 -0700
Encoding: 28 TEXT
Do not weld the coupling under any circumstances! This typically causes
the starter nose housing to crack, and it is difficult to repair (and
then you still need to deal with the bushing).

Someone else mentioned Ken Gillander as a source, and I did get one of
his repro bushings about ten years ago. It looks lovely, as it used a
red urethane instead of rubber. It is on my shelf as a spare and I have
never needed to install it, so I can't speak for its effectiveness. Ken
has a good reputation, so I suspect that it will work fine.

--------