Re: TR6 rear hubs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 rear hubs
From: jsnyder@icds5.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 96 09:52:09 CDT
jb

I wouldn't do that if I were you. The hubs are intended to be a tight friction
fit. That, and a very small key, is what provides the connection between the
axel and the wheel flange. In other words, the torque to the drive wheels is
transmittied through that friction fit joint. Anti-seize compounds, typically
are also some type of grease designed to prevent corrosion, but grease also
reduces friction. You remove the friction, and that small key is all that is
transmitting the torque to the wheels. I know they are a B#@$#%$ to get off,
but they were designed that way for a reason.

Also, the TR6 hubs are such a tight fit that they are usually not corroded
anyway (I think they are airtight!)

That's my $.02 worth .

Jim S.