TIRES - TR3

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TIRES - TR3
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 08:54:38 -0400
Hello to all:
Being a recent list subscriber, may have missed a previous discussion on
this topic.  What size of tires have TR 3 owners been using with
satisfactory results?  I am having my steel wheels (originals) blasted and
re-sprayed.  Want to get rid of the old bias ply tires and put on some
radials.  Plenty of 165/15's to choose from (VW Beatles use this size as
well); can you satisfactorly put a bit more rubber on the road - 175/70 or
185/70 ? without any problems?  Can you find 15 inch tires in these smaller
sizes?  How does the car look and more important, handle with this type of
oversized rubber? Or, am I better off sticking to the 165's?
Thanks for any direction or advice.

Angelo Graham
1959 TR3A
Waterloo, Ont. Canada