"Hard-To-Find Hardware" Source

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: "Hard-To-Find Hardware" Source
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 May 1996 11:36:35 -0400
For all those looking for weird clevises, Dzus fasteners, castellated nuts,
Nylok nuts, etc., etc., this stuff is very often available off the shelf as
aircraft hardware.  Most of it has "MS" (Military Standard) or "AN"
(Army/Navy) numbers, and any aircraft parts house can identify it for you.

There are dozens, and if you want to go to one in your area, try the phone
book or your local general aviation (little planes) airport.  If you want to
mail order some stuff, or just get a catalog to look at what's available, one
of the best collections (and friendly, knowledgeable people on the phone) is
Aircraft Spruce and Specialty.  They have five places: California (their
original shop), Georgia (formerly Alexander Aeroplace, but Aircraft Spruce
just bought them out), England, Australia, and South Africa.  There're many
other mail order places, and if Aircraft Spruce doesn't have what you want,
let me know and I'll give you some more to try.

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.

Internet (Web Site):
http://www.aircraft-spruce.com

201 W. Truslow Avenue