Re: swing axle trunnion bush removal

To: Liquid@massey.ac.nz
Subject: Re: swing axle trunnion bush removal
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 20 May 96 21:08:46 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>I have to replace the diff on our Vitesse this weekend, and thought I would
>replace the trunnion bushes while I was at it.  I have heard that they can
>be very difficult to remove as the bush sleeve can seize onto the bolt.
>Does anyone have any tricks or tips on removing them?
>
>Thanks in advance, Pat Edwards.
>
>P.S. Please send a copy of any responses to me personally, as I'm currently
>subscribed to the digest version of the list.
>
>Pat Edwards

Pat,
 Rear trunion seal are not that difficult.
 After you have the nut and washer off, shoot a little WD40 or some other
penetrating oil on to both ends of the bolt. I should drive out without
much difficulty.
 One minor up grade that I preformed was to use neoprene "O" rings in
place of the little rubber gaskets that come with the kit.
 It makes reassembly a little tighter, but the "O" ring should far out
last the rubber gasket and will last longer.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"
###