Re: TR6 Trailing Arm Bushings

To: TR6Massey@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Trailing Arm Bushings
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Tue, 14 May 96 21:58:17 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>In a message dated 96-05-11 15:47:30 EDT, aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
>writes:
>
>> Seems a lot of folks are going to urethane or some poly type of bushing.
>> Not to be outdone, I went to a local specialty store and bought a newer
>>material called Delrin.
>
>Tony,
>
>Delrin has been around for 20 odd years.  A friend of mine who operates a
>machine shop makes many things with Delrin.  Like Aerosol insecticide
>applicator guns for Orkin for example.
>
>Don't quote me but I think I heard that delrin doesn't take the shock loading
>as well as polyurethane.  Hope your's hold up OK.

Dave,
 You may very well be correct.
 Delrin is a new material, in that it is new to me. I'm a bit slow on
some things.
 Delrin is quite unforgiving, and most likely, if any problems arise, I
expect that it would be shock shatter since the stuuf is so hard.
 I do think that a lot of shock stree can be relieved with a good solid
fit. I had to actually drive the bushing I made, into the rear radius rods.
 This was a recent project, so I'll let you know how they hold up.
 To this day, I can't figure out why I chose Delrin over Teflon.
Oh well, too late now because I'm not going to do it again soon.
Best Regards,
Tony
###