TR6 Trailing Arm Bushings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Trailing Arm Bushings
From: mike@ShoppersDrugMart.ca
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 04:43:16 -0400
Encoding: 1149 Text
Those of you who caught my earlier comments re replacing rear springs and
wider tires last year with no need to replace trailing arm bushings can now
sit smugly and say, "I told you so!"  After sitting for the winter I got
the machine out this week and noticed the driver side rear has 'splayed'
further than ever before, to the point where I'm sure it's time to replace
the bushings.

Now then, I'll look at Bentley and Haynes to see what's required, but I'd
rather get the first-hand experience of the many of you who've done this
already.  What should I look out for?  All the discussion I've heard before
centred on getting the new bushings in -- what's the best way?  Also caught
a comment about poly vs. hard rubber bushings... where do you get poly
bushings?  As usual, all comments are *very* welcome... thanks.

*  Mike Himelfarb - '76 TR6  |  "If it ain't broke don't fix it..."      *
*  Mike@ShoppersDrugMart.CA  |           (it's broke)                    *