RE: Nick Benson's battery cutoff -Reply

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Nick Benson's battery cutoff -Reply
From: TLEAKE@novell.com (Tom Leake)
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 14:37:22 -0600
When I was a young pup of 18, I  had the privilege of owning a 1960 AH
 3000 MKI  and a 1962 AH 3000 MKII,  The MKII was a basket case and
 the MKI was a driver.  Both cars had factory battery cutout switches in
 the boot (which is also where the battery was located).  This was a
 good theft deterent (quite importants since they had no door locks, only
 the boot had a lock).  Switch battery off, lock boot.   It also made long
 term storage and any work on the electrical system a little simpler.

>>I'll report my impressions of these switches as soon as I have them
installed and tested. Nick, you do the same? BTW, on Positive ground
cars the cutoff should go on the positive terminal, right?