Re: Spitfire Wheels

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Wheels
From: bruceh@cellerity.com
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 95 16:55:12 EDT
>TR-7 and TR-8 wheels have the same bolt pattern as Spitfire
>wheels. Some Spitfire vintage racers use these wheels. The wheels
>are 13x5.5 and available in steel (TR-7) and alloy (mostly TR-8).
>The steel wheels are available at most foreign car wrecking yards
>at $15 to $20 apiece. Most Formula Fords use this bolt pattern
>also.

FWIW, Assuming we're talking about the 8-spoke steel variety (usually painted
white or silver)
I've got a bunch of these (8 or 9, I think) up in the barn.  They've been
laying around for quite
a while so no doubt they would need blasting and painting.  If anyone's
interested; Cheap, ~35mi
NW of Phila.