Proper '74 TR6 bumper

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Proper '74 TR6 bumper
From: VDPY33A@prodigy.com (MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 1995 16:54:58 EDT
To my knowledge, all 1974 TR-6's had overriders.  I have seen quite a
few early 74 cars at VTR national conventions that were correct.  The
late 74's or 74 1/2's had a whole new bumper to meet the new federal
laws governing bumper heights.  The 74 1/2's also changed the signal
light style and location.  The signals are now under the bumper.  74
1/2 and 75 had amber and white lenses.  The 76 cars had solid amber.
I own a 74 1/2 and I know of several members in our club with 74 cars
that all have the overriders.  You need to install them on the rear
to make your car correct.  You will need more than just the overrider
too.  The rear also requires a plate that is sandwiched between the
bumper and the body which ties into the frame rail if I'm not
mistaken.

Good Luck      Pat in NC