Re: Fan Belt / Alternator Pulley

To: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: Fan Belt / Alternator Pulley
From: Gerry Dennis <gdennis@freenet.niagara.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 13:37:35 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If the bearings are that bad you wouldn't be too worried about changing
the belt.  The Process I outlined was given to me by the Rolls Royce
trained mechanic who has been woring on my TR6 for the last 22 years.
It's never damaged my car. Just because I use this method doesn't mean
anyone else has to use it, just like all the other information provide at
this site.

On Mon, 21 Aug 1995, Berry Kercheval wrote:

>  > If you, carefully, use a pry bar (appropriate size) between the pully and
>  > the tubular frame you can easily create enough space for the belt to pass
>  > though.
>
> Of course, if you've lost your thrust bearings, this will EASILY create
>enough
> space...
>

>   --berry
>
> Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center

Have A Great Day!

Gerry Dennis, Welland, ON, Canada  -- gdennis@freenet.niagara.com
              '76 TR6