Spit tyres

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit tyres
From: "Jay Pudvin" <pudvin@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 1995 08:26:30 -0400
To ride on the 'TR6 Tires' thread,  what's the de facto or tire du jour for
late Spit 1500s?
I'm guessing a 70 series would work well on the stock rims - maybe in a 175mm
width.
If Minilite's are used, it seems like the standard-fit wheel is a 13x5.  I
suppose there's
not much more room for larger diameters or strange offsets given the size of
the wheel
well (and the swing-axle rear wheel travel - currently at negative camber).
What would
be recommended optimum rim size, offset, and tire size for use on a road car?

Cheers/TIA
Jay Pudvin
Wakulla, Florida
'77 Spit 1500 BRG