Re: Moto-Lita steering wheel

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Moto-Lita steering wheel
From: "Dean Mericas" <Dean.Mericas@limno.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 13:38:14 EST
Comments: Authenticated sender is <dmericas@lego.limno.com>
In article <MAILQUEUE-101.950813210629.448@dnenet.nov.dne.bnl.gov>,
 "William S. Brown" <BROWN@dnenet.nov.dne.bnl.gov> wrote:
 > Recently acquired 72 TR6 has a Moto-Lita steering wheel,
 > but is missing the horn button and trim piece that covers the
 > rest of the hub (something like the rubber doughnut that fits
 > on the original equip hub, I guess).
 > TRF and Moss both offer these wheels/hubs but neither
 > sells the missing bits separate from the hub assembly.
 > I thought rather than pay $50+ for a horn button, I might
 > try the manufacturer directly. Does anyone have an address
 > for Moto-Lita?

I recently got a TR shield horn push emblem for a Lecarra wheel from Faspec
in Portland, OR for about $2.  I have been told that the Lecarra and
Moto-Lita wheels are identical.  I would be surprised if Faspec
couldn't set you up with the horn button mechanism.  Their phone number
is: (503) 232-1232  You might also try (800) 547-8788.  In my limited
experience they are VERY good folks.

Good luck.

Dean
Dean Mericas