TR 6 won't turnover

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 won't turnover
From: adoherty@sas.upenn.edu (Adam S. Doherty)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 12:03:25 -0500
Posted-date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 11:57:04 -0400

        Becuase I tried to start it this weekend, and people are on the
subject:  My '74 TR 6 has been 2 feet in the air for awhile, and on Monday
it came down and I tried to start it.  I knew that the battery that was in
it was gone but I tried to jump it anyhow with the 'Benz diesel with both
leads attached and also with the Neg. to the engine block.  The TR turns
over once slowly, then two seconds later once more then that's it.  I
switched the battery with another one, a good one, same thing.  Could it be
that the starter is not getting enough juice due to shitty connections from
corrosion or rust?  The lights and everything work when its on the jump.
Does anyone have any ideas, thanks in advance,

Adam