Re: Rocker oil feed kits

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rocker oil feed kits
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 19:33:55 +0200
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <ECS9507251550D@elec.qmw.ac.uk>,
Phil Willson <P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have also heard it said that on the 2000/2.5 saloon/estate models
> this is aggravated by the weird angle at which the engine is mounted
> such that the rocker shaft runs noticeably uphill. The suggestion is
> that in this case the front rockers get less than the rear ones.

Very good point, indeed. The built-in oil restriction at the camshaft
end results in bacially nil pressure within the rocker shaft, so
obviously the uphill struggle (in the saloon installations) is very
significant.

I'll bet moving the rocker shaft feed to the other end of the shaft
would make the standard oil feed sufficient. It shouldn't be too hard
to do - mount the shaft the other way around, then drill and tap the
front and rear rocker pedestals to allow fitting of a copper tube
between them for oil transfer. I think I'll try that and remove the
external feed - if only I can find the original blanking plug :-).

And as for Spits - my impression is that it is the front 2 cylinders
of the 6 where the problem occurs, and thus: 4 cylinders would be OK.

Egil

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Smail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway