Rocker oil feed kits

To: P.J.Willson@qmw.ac.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rocker oil feed kits
From: CWNicholls@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 09:14:08 -0400
This conversation is the first I've heard of a commercially available kit to
take oil directly from the block oil galleries to the head!

About 15 years ago I used this technique to get oil up there for a 1975
Spitfire that was running dry in the rocker area.  I just rigged it up with
copper tubing from a block oil gallery plug to the head plug.  As it turned
out, it was dry due to the head gasket having gone bad.  Replading that
restored oil circulation to the head and the tubing was removed.

I missed much of this discussion: is there a consensus that the amount of oil
normally recieved in the head is not adequate?

Clark

(74 Spitfire, 72 Stag)