Re: Thanks..TR Overheating

To: cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com, pcarson@primenet.com, Paul@apple.com, A.@apple.com, Carson@apple.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thanks..TR Overheating
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 95 12:26:31 -0700
The skirted thermostat  is also used in Land Rovers with the 2.25L engine.  Its
still available for those cars.

Just for the fun of it when I was rebuilding the Land Rover's engine a couple of
years ago, I popped one of my spare skirted TR thermostats into the open Land
Rover's housing.  It fit nicely.  I told Ken Glanders about it.  He checked it
out and said there was a fit issue with the Land Rover thermostat in a TR2-4A
head.  He did not say what it was, but I suspect the fit is very close and would
probably work with the help of a grinder.

I also discovered that the intake passages on the TR's head and the Land Rover's
head match up as does a couple of the mounting bolts.  Unfortunatly, the
location of the steering box kept me from having a Land Rover with duel 1-3/4
SUs.

TeriAnn Wakeman              .sig closed for remodeling
twakeman@apple.com