Re: TR3 water pump rebuild kit

To: Allan=W.=McClure%FACENG%UMASS@BANYAN.UMMED.EDU, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 water pump rebuild kit
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 95 12:17:00 -0700
In message <9507071856.AA18726@umassmed.UMMED.EDU>  writes:
> To TeriAnn Wakeman:
>
> Thank you for BWW's phone number and your suggestion to obtain a water pump
> rebuild kit from a Massey Ferguson tractor dealer.  I called a dealer in
> Florida and he's working on it but he asked what model engine I had and I
> told him I could only give him an engine number.  Anyway I described the
> engine to him and he said it sure sounded like a tractor engine.  But another
>
> dealer I called wanted to know what engine - Continental or Perkins - was
> used (???).  She said Massey Ferguson used these engine brands in their
> tractors - she couldn't help me any further.
>
> Can you or anyone else shed a little more light on this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Al McClure

Sorry, just that it was a ferguson engine from the late fourties before they
merged with Massey.  They used to make their own engine.  I have, stashed away
[lost], a news letter from a midwest Triumph club that chased down the Ferguson
part numbers so people could rebuild pumps.  I have a spare that needs a new
seal and need to find it too.  Sorry I do not believe that a major archilogical
expidition could unearth it in the near future.

TeriAnn Wakeman              .sig closed for remodeling
twakeman@apple.com