Looking for TR6 in MD- follow up

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for TR6 in MD- follow up
From: LCGMD@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 12:59:02 -0400
This is a note to the person in the group that was looking for a TR6 in MD.
 There was a 73 in the paper last week that claimed to have been in storage
with 49,000 <original> miles, second owner, blah blah blah.  $2750 OBO.  It
sounded interesting, but I did not call.  This weekend I stopped to look at a
TR6 for sale at a gas station that coincidentally turned out to be the
advertised car.  I gave it a once over out of curiosity, and was appalled at
the false advertising.  A quick look at the non-original interior and paint,
clutch pedal pad, and generally abused condition told me that this was no
49,000 mile car.  More like 149,000.  The only truth I saw was the <in
storage> part of his claim, which was proven by the nest in the engine
compartment.  It had also been in a front-end accident.   Shame on the owner!

Carl Huppert
75 TR6