Civic Runs Rings around Spit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Civic Runs Rings around Spit
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 11:19:41 -0700 (MST)
...but not the way you think.

Greg's message about his Detroit locker makes me think of that
Civic ad that says something like "it's a great car for city
driving," and demonstrates its turning circle by doing donuts
in somebody's apartment.

The turning circle is given as 32 feet.   The official Spitfire
turning circle is 24 feet (it'll do it, too, if you don't mind
those scrubbing noises that indicate your tread is being rubbed
off like an eraser).  Which means, allowing 4 feet each way for
the width of the cars, the Spit could pace the Civic's donuts on
the _inside_.

Well, I think it's an amusing notion....