Re: Herald/Vitesse help needed

To: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Subject: Re: Herald/Vitesse help needed
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 11:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 30 May 1995, dan parslow wrote:

> As Tessa comes back to life I find that I inadequately labeled
> all the wiring harness connections (rousing chorus of "you fool"
> and "been there, done that" from all I'm sure)

Acutally, just the opposite from me.  I don't label things when I take
them apart, as it can cause unnecessary confusion later.

> There is a small bundle of black ground wires emerging from the
> harness right by the starter solenoid, crimped to one connector.
> I can't see what this attaches to.
        They connect to a steel tab which is spotwelded to the firewall
near the solenoid.  If your tab is missing and you've already painted the
firewall, you have a choice to make.  Me, I'd go the stock route, but
others may recommend simply screwing them to the body.  Whatever you like.
You may make a tab connector that could sit under the solenoid mounting
screws.
        Have fun,
                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsunix.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '85 XJ-12 H.E. (daily)  '67 Spit-6 '74 TR-6