TR6 Cooling

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Cooling
From: TinyHost@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 21:25:44 -0400
Gary:

>I've had three and I've never seen half-scale on the gauge, even the
>11:1 compression autocrosser in competition on July days before I put
>on an oil cooler. I'd tend to suspect a blockage or weak water pump.
>Any rust in the rad?

As I mentioned in a previous post, the gauge seems to settle in at 1/2
scale after 10 minutes or so of running, no matter what the
temperature. Regarding rust in the radiator, none is evident although I
suspect the radiator is a fairly recent replacement. When I replaced
the thermostat housing gasket I did notice quite a bit of rusty scale
under the thermostat, inside the head. How can I tell if there's a
blockage, or if the water pump is pooped?

        Bruce Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com
          '83 R80RT