Re: TR6 springs

To: Randell.Jesup@scala.com
Subject: Re: TR6 springs
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 16:35:12 -0700 "Re: TR6 springs" (May 18, 3:34pm)
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net (British-Cars), triumphs@autox.team.net
        > on 165-15 tires.
        And I thought 185-15's were skinny... :-)  The new 205/70 A378's look
        pretty good on the '6.  We'll see if they rub at lock... (cross
fingers)

Heh. The 4A only has 4.5" wheels. 195/65-15 AVSi tires on nice 5.5" Paddy
Hopkirk four-spoke wheels painted bright yellow are in the future at some
point... when I test fitted the wheels with the ancient Semperits that came as
wheel protectors, the tires didn't rub, but the wheels hit the upper A arm at
full left lock. I adjusted the steering stop to fix that.

Sarah had a pretty severe impact to the RF before I bought her; the lower A arm
was seriously bent backwards. That's been replaced, but the mount has been
deformed outward. The alignment shop got a decent setting by using no shims in
front and about two dozen (yes, I'm exaggerating) in back, replacing the studs
with grade 8 bolts. It'll have to be fixed some day, but the alignment is
currently well balanced, if not aggressive. When that gets fixed, I'll also put
in the reinforcing brackets.