TR3 Rear Hub Removal

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Rear Hub Removal
From: rcbrown@ixcim.att.com (R C Brown +1 708 979 8231)
Date: Wed, 3 May 95 17:52:45 CDT
Bad splines on rear, simple, order new splines and install. WRONG!

Left side was simple, had room to work do to placement of car in garage.
Right side close to wall so things must go wrong.

Broke a stud off of the hub! Still seemed simple, remove hub and weld
the stud back in place.

Having never removed a hub, I look in the handy Haynes manual.

"It will now be necessary to use a special tool having a part number of
M86A. ... There is no other way of seperating these two parts"

So what is a M86A tool????  What are my alternatives????

The next paragraph refers to an alternative method, which involves
removing the half saft, but the directions for that procedure also refer
to the use of a M86A!!!

Bob Brown
63 TR3B