Re: wire wheel hubs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wire wheel hubs
From: Bruce Harding <Bruce_Harding@ccm2.hf.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 95 07:20:00 PDT
Text item:

KBT,

        >i have not dealt with wire wheels before so i am asking
        >for suggestions on what i should be looking out for.?
I'd stay away from used wires/hubs.  I recently converted my
TR3 from disc to wires.  Everyone I talked to that put on
used wires wished they had bought new wires and hubs.

        >also, does anyone have two (L&R rear) hubs for sale?
There is no difference between the front and rear

        >as i understand it i need special lugs for the hubs
        >and will need to cut the studs off flush. can i get a
        >conformation on this. and if so any lugs for sale?:)
The lug nuts are beveled nuts.  I got mine from British Wire
Wheel in Santa Cruz.  There good people.  I'd also get a price
on new wires/hubs from them.  When I cut my studs down I used
a cutoff tool and a lot of WD40 to cool the studs while
cutting (2 person job with a fire extingusher along side).

Bruce_Harding@ccm.hf.intel.com
57 TR3
75 TR6
70 Mini Cooper S (recent addition)

Text item: External Message Header

Subject: wire wheel hubs
To: triumphs@autox.team.net
From: thompson@ridgeback.East.Sun.COM (Keith B. Thompson - Sun)
Date: Tue, 2 May 1995 11:03:29 -0400
     (Smail3.1.28.1 #2) id m0s6KG8-000twpa; Tue, 2 May 95 08:53 PDT