RE: TR-6 conversion

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR-6 conversion
From: gschneid@nicmad.nicolet.com (Gary Schneider)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 14:45:03 CDT
Lee Daniels wrote:
>Some of you may recall my post of a couple of years ago regarding my
>finding a TR-6 housing a turbocharged 4 out of a Merkur XR4ti.

Ohmigod! I have an Xr4ti and I love my TR6 for the stump-pulling torque of
the six. The Merkur is hard work to drive fast with no torque and no power
until the turbo spools up. Our Nissan Stanza can beat it off the line
unless I'm abusive with it. (I have to think of it more as a GT touring car
'cause it ain't no sports car). This orphan TR sounds like the worst of
both worlds. I hate to say it but the very thought makes the 280Z
conversion suggestion sound better.

--
Gary Schneider
Nicolet Instrument Technologies, 5225-4 Verona Road, Madison, WI 53711 USA