Turbo

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Turbo
From: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 1995 15:37:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
How about this Triumph heresay?   I've been contemplating a turbo for my
TR6.  Not anything massive I was contemplating finding a turbocharger off
of one of those silly sh*tbox sport hatchbacks of the eighties and
installing it on the atmosphere side of the carburators through some
creative plumbing.  I mentioned this to a 914 driving friend of mine today
and he has been thinking of doing a double version of this to his car and
he has the facilities to create really groovy manifolds to handle it.
I know you can lower the compression ratio  by installing a spacer
machined to be shaped like a head gasket under the head with a gasket on
each side or could always install a GT6 crank and whatnot to lower the
compression.  This is merely a pipedream and nothing that will happen soon
but it would be interesting to know if it is possible.
                -tak