Re: [Tigers] 90 degree oil filter adaptor

To: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 90 degree oil filter adaptor
From: Terry Lawell <tlawell@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 17:49:21 -0500
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
--===============0093808505452637206==
 boundary="------------010809020807060300060209"

--------------010809020807060300060209

I agree with you, but this is an original 260 and all of the tools to
remove the fittings were matched whitworth sizes and the replacement
part is a BSP 1/4 thread.

Terry

On 7/3/21, 5:31 PM, Theo Smit wrote:
> The block was threaded 1/4 NPT on the three or four engines Iâ??ve dealt
> with. None of them were the original 260 but I donâ??t know why Ford
> would have threaded that engine differently.
>
> Theo
>
>> On Jul 3, 2021, at 4:16 PM, Terry Lawell via Tigers
>> <tigers@autox.team.net> wrote:
>>
>>  Actually, I think it is a BSP 1/4 which is quite different from a
>> 1/4 npt. That is what I am trying to clarify.
>>
>> Terry
>>

>> On 7/3/21, 3:42 PM, coolvt@aol.com wrote:
>>> Terry, pretty sure that oil fitting that goes into the block is
>>> 1/4"  good old American standard pipe thread.  Hope you don't have a
>>> problem because I think the fitting should have come out fairly
>>> easily.  Mark L
>>>
>>> In a message dated 7/3/2021 3:41:39 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>>> tlawell@austin.rr.com writes:
>>> Hi Ron,
>>>
>>>   It turns out Summit had the right adapter for the kit, the sales
>>> person just didn't know it. They have sent the adapter to me and it
>>> fits
>>> correctly in the block as well as in the kit. The only problem was the
>>> oil filter they sent me was incorrect - it hits up against the oil pan.
>>> Is it the ph3600 that is slimmer and fits that kit?
>>>   I also found another problem - the oil line from the oil pressure
>>> gauge was cracked and leaking. when I disconnected the oil line
>>> fitting,
>>> I also took off the fitting that goes into the block. It was very
>>> difficult to get off and I am concerned that someone either put a
>>> fitting in there with the wrong threads or stripped the threads when
>>> they installed it. Do you know what size those threads are? It appears
>>> to be a british standard pipe thread. I had to use whitworth
>>> wrenches to
>>> get both the pressure fitting nut and the fitting to the block off. Any
>>> info on these fittings would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Terry

>>> https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=fitting%2Boil%2Bfilter&;

  <head>
  </head>
    I agree with you, but this is an original 260 and all of the tools
    to remove the fittings were matched whitworth sizes and the
    replacement part is a BSP 1/4 thread. <br>
    Terry<br>
cite="mid:795436134.210889919.1625351481058.JavaMail.zimbra@cds218.dcs.int.inet"
      type="cite">
        engines Iâ??ve dealt with. None of them were the original 260 but
        I donâ??t know why Ford would have threaded that engine
        differently. </div>
          via Tigers <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";>&lt;tigers@autox.team.net&gt;</a> wrote:<br>
            http-equiv="Content-Type">
          Actually, I think it is a BSP 1/4 which is quite different
          from a 1/4 npt. That is what I am trying to clarify.<br>
          Terry<br>
              moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
              href="mailto:coolvt@aol.com";>coolvt@aol.com</a> wrote:<br>
            cite="mid:938102468.1319668.1625344925620@mail.yahoo.com"
            type="cite">
                helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000;">
                    sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000;">Terry,
                    pretty sure that oil fitting that goes into the
                    block is 1/4"  good old American standard pipe
                    thread.  Hope you don't have a problem because I
                    think the fitting should have come out fairly
                    easily.  Mark L<br>
              In a message dated 7/3/2021 3:41:39 PM Eastern Standard
              Time, <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
                href="mailto:tlawell@austin.rr.com";>tlawell@austin.rr.com</a>
              writes:
                  It turns out Summit had the right adapter for the kit,
                the sales <br clear="none">
                person just didn't know it. They have sent the adapter
                to me and it fits <br clear="none">
                correctly in the block as well as in the kit. The only
                problem was the <br clear="none">
                oil filter they sent me was incorrect - it hits up
                against the oil pan. <br clear="none">
                Is it the ph3600 that is slimmer and fits that kit?<br
                  clear="none">
                  I also found another problem - the oil line from the
                oil pressure <br clear="none">
                gauge was cracked and leaking. when I disconnected the
                oil line fitting, <br clear="none">
                I also took off the fitting that goes into the block. It
                was very <br clear="none">
                difficult to get off and I am concerned that someone
                either put a <br clear="none">
                fitting in there with the wrong threads or stripped the
                threads when <br clear="none">
                they installed it. Do you know what size those threads
                are? It appears <br clear="none">
                to be a british standard pipe thread. I had to use
                whitworth wrenches to <br clear="none">
                get both the pressure fitting nut and the fitting to the
                block off. Any <br clear="none">
                info on these fittings would be much appreciated.<br
                  clear="none">
                Cheers, Terry<br clear="none">
                    clear="none">
                  On 7/3/21, 7:45 AM, Ron Fraser wrote:<br clear="none">
                  &gt; Terry<br clear="none">
                  &gt;     1st -  I would contact Summit to make sure
                  that oil filter kit did<br clear="none">
                  &gt; not come with an adaptor or if it is missing from
                  your kit.<br clear="none">
                  &gt; 2nd -  does Summit have the adaptor needed for
                  this kit?<br clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; C20Z 6890-C seems to be the Ford part number for
                  the adaptor - 3/4 x16<br clear="none">
                  &gt; thread and 1 1/16 x 12 thread<br clear="none">
                  &gt; You need to check that this is correct for your
                  oil filter kit.<br clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=fitting%2Boil%2Bfilter&amp;";
                    target="_blank" rel="noopener"
shape="rect">https://www.npdlink.com/search/products?search_terms=fitting%2Boil%2Bfilter&amp;</a><br
                    clear="none">
                  &gt; top_parent=200001&amp;year=<br clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; see if 6890-A is the part you need.<br
                    clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; Ron Fraser<br clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; -----Original Message-----<br clear="none">
                  &gt; From: Tigers &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:tigers-bounces@autox.team.net";
                    shape="rect">tigers-bounces@autox.team.net</a>&gt;
                  On Behalf Of Terry Lawell via<br clear="none">
                  &gt; Tigers<br clear="none">
                  &gt; Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2021 8:34 PM<br
                    clear="none">
                  &gt; To: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
                    href="mailto:tigers@autox.team.net";
shape="rect">tigers@autox.team.net</a><br
                    clear="none">
                  &gt; Subject: [Tigers] 90 degree oil filter adaptor<br
                    clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; I purchased a 90 degree oil filter adapter from
                  Summit Racing and when it<br clear="none">
                  &gt; arrived I realized it did not have the adapter
                  for the block, though the<br clear="none">
                  &gt; salesman told me it came with it. Does anyone
                  know where I can get the<br clear="none">
                  &gt; adapter? I think it is 1.16" threads to the block
                  and 13/16" threads to the<br clear="none">
                  &gt; adapter.<br clear="none">
                  &gt;<br clear="none">
                  &gt; Cheers, Terry<br clear="none">
                  &gt; _______________________________________________<br