Re: Fuel Pumps

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pumps
From: tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr)
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 19:47:59 -0400
>Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
>     Note the plural above.  What do you all think of this?
>
>     I had that problem with my stock type pump on Sunday, and you probably
>     saw the various suggestions I received for replacements.  So I
>     suddenly had this great idea:  Two fuel pumps, mounted in series, with
>     a selector switch so that only one at a time would be on.  One would
>     be the stock type pump, and the other would be the Facet.  If the
>     engine falters, I hit the panic button, starting the other pump.  The
>     valving inside both pumps should be arranged so that, if off, fuel
>     should easily flow thru.
>
>     Is this crazy or what?
>
>     Stu
Jeez, Stu, what a combination, an Italian Facet Fuel Dump and a Brittish
S(*cks) U(nbelievably) Fuel Leaker. Talk about the paragon of electrical
reliablity. I think ValuJet uses a similar combination of parts on their
planes! Has your local Fire Department had it yearly car-b-que training
session? :-)