Re[2]: Fuel Pumps

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com, TIGERS@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re[2]: Fuel Pumps
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Wed, 22 May 96 09:40:35 PST
     All;

         -My dad had a TR-4 that I spent considerable time with. It had on
          the front pulley/harmonic balancer machined grooves that the jack
          handle doubled for as a hand crank. This was to enable the driver
          to start the car if the starter failed. The starter also had a
          button on it for starting with the hood up (why?) The ONLY
          problem with this hand-crank option was the radiator was in the
          way and didn't have a hole cut in it to enable the crank to reach
          the engine.

         -The shop manual probably said:

          1) remove radiator.

          2) hand crank engine & start car.

          3) very quickly re-mount the radiator and fill with water.

          4) drive away with a jaunty air about you!

                          Phil