Re: rear discs was a Re: a revelation

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: rear discs was a Re: a revelation
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:08:57 -0500
Cc: NewNGsInfo@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Given the chance, I take discs all around every time.  Do I "need" them? no.
Don't "need" front discs either for that matter.  Heck, don't even "need"
hydraulics!  I've got vehicles that stop with nothing but mechanically actuated
drum brakes...but they sure don't control like a disc brake setup does.

A car with disc brakes is much easier to control at the limits; being less prone
to the self actuating lock of a drum brake, and requiring far less drop in
hydraulic pressure to release when locked then a drum brake.  There is also the
benefit of superior feedback and feel at the pedal.

If all one does is drive in a sedate and sane manner, the stock brakes are
adequate to the task.  As is a stock engine, stock tires, and stock everything
else.  If one drives hard, stock brakes are not ever adequate.