Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???

To: dms@snip.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure-Cause for concern???
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:06:28 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A)Most oil manufacturers work out the viscosities etc. in a laborotory in
glassware and lab apparatus. This can lead to differences in the rating of
the oil and its performance under real conditions. The bottom end of an
engine is a pretty stressful place to be.
B)As the engine heats up, metal parts expand, which I would have thought
leads to gaps (bearing spaces etc.) becoming narrower, but the oil pressure
guage suggests that the opposite is occurring.