[Spits] Rear Leaf Spring

To: "Spitfire Group" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spits] Rear Leaf Spring
From: "Greg Stull" <gastul@roadrunner.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:27:18 -0400
Note: I replied to Roger's post and the list, but it didn't get through. Or at
least I didn't get it. So here it is again. If you get two messages that's
why.

Greg

Hi,

 First let me tell you about me. I been on this list for a few years, but it
was on my AOL account and I didn't check it that often. Now that I moved it
to my other account I should be able to check it more often. I posted a few
times couple of years ago, but mainly I just read them.

 I own a red 1978 Spitfire 1500. I owned it since April 05. It's been a
blast owning it.

 I am going to start replacing my bushing in the leaf spring today. I am
getting tried of people telling me my rear wheels are about to fall off.
Hopefully the new disks (bushings) well help with that. I had a friend
replace his leaf spring, it helped his car, but I hope to save a few bucks
and just replace the bushings. I know that with that type of suspension it
will always look like the wheels are leaning in. Hopefully not as bad.

 Has anybody replaced their disks and does it help?

 Roger asked if there was 8 bushings. From what I see there is only 6
bushings. I was wondering why received 8 also.

 Off to the garage to get started. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Greg
1978 Spitfire 1500