Re: [Spits] Rear Leaf Spring

To: Greg Stull <gastul@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Spits] Rear Leaf Spring
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 12:39:44 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I am not expecting a lot.  However, I have wanted to check the rubber
disks for some time.  Since I had the differential out of the car, now
seemed a perfect time to do it.

I got the disks from Spit Bits - I am not sure if they are rubber or
polyurethane.  They seem harder than I would expect for rubber, but they
don't have the shiny surface that polyurethane seems to have.

Spits Bits order page said 8 required but they are sold per item not as
a kit so you could order 6 if you want.

Victoria British also carries them.  I thought I had checked both of
these vendors before without success, but apparently I overlooked the item.

One more question, the Haynes manual says that the unstamped legs of the
spring clamps go to the rear.  My spring was replaced about 10 years ago
and I don't see stamping on the spring clamps.  Does the spring have a
front and back?

Thanks,

Roger Elliott