Re: [Spits] ID this part?

To: mike.vasquez@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spits] ID this part?
From: Andrew Mace <zoboherald@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 11:07:36 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Vasquez <mike.vasquez@gmail.com>

The cars being brought down this week, so I can't verify the engine
number
at the moment, but the PO said it matched the commision number:
FC24119...

==AM==
While it's not unheard of, engine numbers almost never "match"
commission numbers. They're usually several hundred numbers higher. I'm
just curious as to the engine number given the Mk2 header and radiator
setup!

Meanwhile, the car looks to be a great basis for restoration; too bad,
though, about what looks to have been originally a fairly rare wood-rim
steering wheel, now pretty much sans wood. :-(

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>