Re: followup on brake fluid

To: Spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: followup on brake fluid
From: Roger Elliott <elliottr@rmi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:05:48 -0500
In the early 1900's Castrol was a lubricant made by Wakefield Oil  from
Castor Oil the name Castrol was a contraction of that.  I assume the
company changed the name to Castrol because the product was successful.
It is no longer made from Castor Oil.  When I was using normal brake
fluid.  I tried to use Castrol LMA (low moisture activity) when I could
find it - which was not all of the time. I have now switched to silicone
brake fluid in my Spitfire and will use it in my GT6 when I get it done.

As others have said, other brake fluid will work.

Roger Elliott
1980 Spitfire

===     http://www.vtr.org