Re: Rear Wing Replacement

To: "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Rear Wing Replacement
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:26:46 -0700
There is a rear seam that meets with the valance.  The two pieces are sport
welded and a piece of molded body metal (like the trim on the top only in
mild steel) is tack welded on top of that junction to make it a smooth and
attractive joint.

The inner fender lip is parallel with the outer fender.  I am pretty sure
that the two are also spot welded together.  If the inner fenders are also
flared out, it may be a bit of work to reshape them to match the new fender
regardless of whether you use the entire fender of a section of it.

I suppose it is also possible to section the inner fender as well as the
outer.

Cheers,
Joe