Re: Stereo/CD player/sat radio/speakers advice

To: Kim & Kevin Beam <thebeams@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Stereo/CD player/sat radio/speakers advice
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:41:32 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

One piece of advice I can give you is this:  Do NOT
mount speakers way up in the sides of the footwells.
It seems like a nice place, since there is a nice flat
unobstructed piece of body sheet metal but the sound
quality
will be terrible.  The whole footwell area reconates
badly,
and it will sound like the speakers are in the bottom
of an oil drum.

Eventually I gave up on having a stereo, and I just
have a period
AM/FM pushbutton radio in the dash for looks, with no
antenna or speakers.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

===     http://www.vtr.org