Re: Stereo/CD player/sat radio/speakers advice

To: Kim & Kevin Beam <thebeams@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Stereo/CD player/sat radio/speakers advice
From: Kirk Crawford <kirkbcrawford@kirkanddonna.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:40:49 -0800
Any normal sized car stereo will fit.  I would recommend you get one with
Auxilliary input as well. Then you can hook up your iPod or other MP3 player
and use that.  I recently got a new car stereo for Christmas. It cost around
$100 that has CD and Aux input.  Ill probably never use the CD player.  I
have the Sat Radio in another vehicle.  I don't recommend it.  Lots of
repetition, not worth the expense.

My particular model is the Alpine CDE-9845
(froogle link: http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=cde-9845)

For the speakers I put Miata seats in my spitfire and got the upgraded MX5
speakers for them. This puts the speakers in your headrest.  I have it set
up so the front/rear fader fades it between driver and passenger This makes
for very nice listening to tunes with the top down.  If you want to keep the
original seats the other obvious spot for speakers is in the panel behind
the package shelf.  I previously used the speakers that I have installed
there.  Beware of the depth of the speaker, you don't want it to rattle
against the gas tank.

Best Regards,

Kirk Crawford

===     http://www.vtr.org