Re: Perma-fix for loose OD gearshift knob?

To: "TEGLER,PAUL" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Subject: Re: Perma-fix for loose OD gearshift knob?
From: s1500@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:21:56 +0000
I do have the "ferrule" ie the tapered nut installed at the bottom. That thing
comes loose on a regular basis, and gives me something to do while waiting at
stoplights.
The plastic cone-shaped thing underneath it has sadly broken off over the
years, and one wasn't given to me on the new interior kit.

I wonder if I can install a small washer or 2 underneath the cone-nut so where
the threading stops on the gearshift lever, the nut would have no way to wiggle
itself loose? Hmm.
--
http://infaux.net

===     http://www.vtr.org