Re: late spoiler

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: late spoiler
From: idhtfts@rogers.com
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:36:53 -0500
At 11:03 AM 12/7/2004, you wrote:
>I took mine off once - and drove down the motorway at 70-80mph - there
>was a noticable loss in stability. It may have been compensating for a
>slightly poor set up front end - but it was noticable.

I don't think a lot down force (useful for really sticking to the
ground) is necessary to create a sense of stability. I think they are 2
different areas and stability can be provided at levels falling short
of *down force*.

I also think that the issue with the 79 and 80 spoilers is that a pre
79 spoiler will prevent air flowing to the 79/80 style rad which sits
lower in the frame. Of course anyone in the UK will not know about
these rads as they were export only.

-Maurice